The new APS-Automatic Pave Saw is the next generation fully automated asphalt sawing system with integrated specimen clamping. The APS offers fast and accurate cutting of rectangular beams, trapezoidal prisms, overlay test specimens, semi-circular specimens, and trimming of cylindrical specimens. The APS is controlled using Matest’s tried and proven iTouch electronic control unit with touch screen color display for perfect cutting of specimens for AASHTO, ASTM and EN standards without the need for manual measurements. It is the safest and most advanced asphalt cutting saw available on the market and is the perfect companion to our range of advanced asphalt preparation and testing equipment.
- Motorized feed with automatic retraction of saw carriage.
- Electronic control unit with touch screen color display, that runs like a standard PC based on Windows operating system
- Adjustable cutting speed; before, during and after cutting process.
- Slabs and prisms can be sawn safely and accurately without additional jigs and fixtures.
- Jigs also available for trimming 100 and/or 150mm diameter cylinders/cores.
- Facilitates cutting rectangular beams, trapezoidal prisms, overlay test specimens, semi-circular & wheel tracking specimens, and cylindrical specimens.
- Fixed alignment blocks accurately position the specimen for the most common finished dimensions.
- Simple reference spacer system allows precise preparation of beams without the need for measurement. i.e. 50mm x 63.5mm or 50mm x 50mm.
- Other dimensions can be accommodated using integral ruler.
- Adjustable limit switches facilitates repetitive cutting with minimal saw carriage travel.
- Secure specimen clamping.
- Protective enclosure, with safety interlocks, combines clean operation with unparalleled operator safety.
- Dynamic breaking system stops saw blade rotation when power is switched off.
The APS is capable of cutting prismatic specimens up to 200mm high and a cutting length up to 500mm and cylindrical specimens up to 150mm diameter. The APS can be configured using a large range of jigs and fixtures to cut rectangular beams, trapezoidal prisms, overlay test specimens, semi-circular & wheel tracking specimens, and trim cylindrical specimens accurately, with excellent perpendicularity. Various alignment blocks, guides and reference spacers allow operators to easily achieve the most common dimensions specified in a range of international standards with little or no measurement. Any other dimensions can be accommodated with the aid of an integrated ruler. The iTouch controller allows the operator to easily control the cutting speed and sequence and a series of adjustable limit switches minimizes the saw carriage travel during repetitive cutting. The sturdy frame can handle heavy samples without bending. The high grade stainless steel work surface and associated corrosion resistant components ensures the unit will perform well and look good for many years. The protective enclosure provides a high level of operator safety and protection from water spray. Cooling water is contained within the enclosure, enabling the APS to be used in a laboratory without making a mess. Safety interlocks prevent the operator from opening the enclosure and accessing hazardous areas while the blade is rotating. Once the cutting sequence has finished and the blade has stopped rotating, the enclosure is unlocked automatically.