AMPT – Asphalt Mixture Performance Tester
The Pavetest AMPT is a servo-hydraulically controlled testing machine specifically designed to perform the three asphalt tests developed under NCHRP Projects 9-19 and 9-29; Dynamic Modulus, Flow Number and Flow Time. It is also the prescribed equipment in AASHTO TP 79-09 Standard Method Test for Determining the Dynamic Modulus and Flow Number for Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) using the Asphalt Mixture Performance Tester (AMPT). In addition, the Pavetest AMPT can also perform Direct Tension Cyclic Fatigue, Indirect Tensile Dynamic Modulus, Incremental Repeated Load Permanent Deformation, Semi-circular bend, and Overlay Testing of Asphalt Mixtures. The Pavetest AMPT is underpinned by Pavetest’s leading edge CDAS digital controller, TestLab software and a full complement of accessories, hardware and software in perfect unison.
The machine includes:
- 8 Channel Control and Data Acquisition System (CDAS) & TestLab software
- 30 mm Actuator LVDT
- Load cell (± 15 kN)
- Pressure transducer (± 300 kPa)
- Temperature transducer (0°C-65°C)
- On-specimen LVDT (2 mm) (3 pieces)
- 105 mm bottom loading platen
- 105 mm top loading platen
- Compact, fully self contained, precision engineered unit.
- Thermoelectric (TE) Heating/Cooling – More reliable and environmentally friendly than mechanical refrigeration & heating elements.
- Built-in, silent, air compressor with associated air preparation equipment – No need for external compressed air supply.
- Patented magnetically mounted on-specimen transducer system, based on loose core LVDTs.
- Optional Epsilon (extensometer) on-specimen strain transducers.
- Gauge point fixing jig facilitates gluing gauge points and the (top and bottom) platens for proposed AMPT Direct Tension Cyclic Fatigue (S-VECD) Test.
- Dynamic Verification Device.